Run by the SUNY-ESF Adriondack Ecological Center and funded by a grant from the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, the Adirondack Park Regional GIS consortium (APR-GIS) is a collection of spatial data producers working in and around the Adirondacks. One of the consortium’s goals is to build a spatial infrastructure that will allow us to share spatial data in real time. Our Adirondack Regional Geographic Information System (ARGIS) is an example of how we are trying to reach those goals.
Improving the Spatial Data Infrastructure:
- Identification of core “authoritative” data sets
- Improve and upgrade core data sets
- Build applications for online data management
- Work with data producers to share their data sets online
- Build crosswalks for data sets with different unique identifiers